Prate Roofing & Installations specializes in all types of roofing.
Whether it be simple repairs to complete removal and replacement of any type of roof system, Prate has the experience and expertise to get the job done well and done right.
Our roofing options include:
Laminated Architectural ShinglesThese shingles come in an endless variety of styles and colors. The most common laminated shingle is a 30 year. We can provide you with 30, 40 and 50 year shingle quotes from all of the major manufacturers.
High-End LaminatesThese shingles have enhanced warranties and are upgrades that are warranted up to fifty years.
3-Tab Shingles3-tab shingles are the most economical shingle on the market. This style is being replaced more and more by laminated architectural shingles.
Cedar roofs are nature’s renewable roofing material. Cedar roofs add a warmth to your home’s curb appeal and come in a variety of styles, sizes and applications. We will help you to know and understand the choices you have in a various cedar products.
Cedar roofs of all types do require maintenance. Prate Roofing provides you with maintenance programs that will protect and ensure you get the service life the cedar product was intended to provide.
SYNTHETIC CEDAR, SLATE AND TILE ROOFING — The roofing industry offers a variety of manufacturers of synthetic roofing. Cedar shakes & shingles, slate and tile are some of the products available.
Prate Roofing will assist you in choosing the product, style and endless color combinations that will enhance your home or buildings appearance. Many of these synthetic products are virtually hail resistant.
Slate and Tile Roofing
With the proper installation, care and maintenance, slate and tile will last a long time. Many say a lifetime, who’s lifetime? Yours, mine, the building’s? Our experience has shown us me that with proper initial installations, and proper specification, 100 Years is a very realistic time frame.
The beauty of these natural products will definitely add value to your home or building in multiple ways. At Prate Roofing, we will work with you to help select the product, style and colors to make your home or building not only stand out ascetically, but last for many, many years.
Flat Roof Systems
Whether it is for your residence, your office building, factory or warehouse, Prate Roofing has the knowledge, experience and expertise to provide you with the flat roof that is right for your building and needs.
Most people believe flat roofs are nothing but problems! This is not true! If you have installed a flat roof system designed for your particular buildings needs, you can expect twenty plus years of service life, guaranteed by not only Prate Roofing, but by the major manufacturers of flat roofing systems.
Prate Roofing provides most major manufacturers flat roof systems for residential, commercial and industrial projects. Some of the systems we supply and install are:
- MODIFIED BITUMEN: Modified bitumen is asphalt that has had modifiers added to it to give it plastic or rubber-like properties. The most common types of modifiers being used are APP (Atactic Polypropylene) and SBS (Styrene Butadiene Styrene). These products come with either smooth or granulated finishes. These systems can be guaranteed for 10 to 20 years.
- TPO: Thermoplastic polyolefin. This single-ply roof membrane is constructed from ethylene propylene rubber. They are designed to combine the durability of EPDM rubber with the proven performance of hot-air weldable seams. They have been tested as having excellent resistance to ozone, are algae-resistant, environmentally friendly and safe to install. The material’s manufacturers are so confident in properly welded seams that the material is sometimes advertised as monolithic (seamless) roof. Seam strengths are reportedly 3 to 4 times those of E.P.D.M.’s adhesive and tape systems. This membrane is UV and heat resistant. Seams are heat welded and end up stronger with more tensile strength than the typical solvent and adhesive seams of other membranes.
- E.P.D.M. (Rubber): These membranes have been around for almost 40 years and provide a good roof when applied on the right roof structure. E.P.D.M. is an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) widely used in low-slope buildings in the United States and worldwide. Its two primary ingredients, ethylene and propylene, are derived from oil and natural gas. E.P.D.M. is available in both black and white.
- PVC: Polyvinyl chloride is a trusted membrane that has been providing decades of waterproofing protection in Europe and North America. PVC’s popularity stems from its dependable, heat-welded seams, high reflectivity, superior physical attributes and resistance to water, chemicals, grease, fire and punctures.
- ROOF COATINGS: As flat roofs age, coatings and maintenance are a cost effective way to prolong the useful service life of your roof system.
Metal Roof Systems
Metal roof systems come in various materials, shapes, sizes, colors and styles. The most commonly used on residential, commercial and industrial applications is the standing seam roof system. Even this systems has many variations, type of panel, how the seams interlock, flashing details, etc.
Prate Roofing will work with you to sort through all your potential options and help design a metal roof system for your home or building.
METAL FLASHINGS: Metal flashings are an integral part of all roof systems. All roofing products and roof require metal at some point. Some can be the simple chimney or wall flashings. Others can include pockets, saddles, valleys, gutter flashings, scuppers and downspouts.